Services Agreement FormFunctional Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching
Functional medicine seeks to look at the big picture of health by rebuilding physiological functioning. Amazingly, the largest therapeutic toolbox available to the functional medicine physician is food!
But...What's functional nutrition?
The terms ‘functional medicine’ and ‘functional nutrition’ are often used interchangeably, but they aren’t the same. Functional medicine is a far-reaching medical approach that sees and treats health problems as a part of a system breakdown in your body. It’s an individualized, patient-centered, science-based approach to healthcare, which looks at genetic, biochemical, and lifestyles factors to create personalized treatment plans in order to improve your health.
Functional nutrition has its base in functional medicine. It looks at the foundational way that food affects your body on the cellular level, while highlighting the ways that certain food is the cause of many of your physical problems, as well as the ways that other types of food can be the solution to those problems. Its main function is to support you and educate you in what’s going on in your body, and how making a targeted diet and lifestyle modifications can drastically change your health and your life!
Your lifestyle is established by your needs, motivations, desires and objectives. It is influenced by several important factors such as culture, relationships, social class, environment at home, at school and at work (both from past and present experiences) among many other factors.
What's a functional nutrition and lifestyle coach for?
The role of a functional nutrition and lifestyle coach is not to diagnose, prescribe or treat. Instead, it’s to understand your whole persona, based on your history, environment, and habits, and educate you on how your health issues arose, and how you can improve your health. In order to give you nutrition recommendations, a functional nutrition and lifestyle practitioner looks at your nutrient deficiencies, system imbalances, and lifestyle factors. Once you understand the context, you can assuredly move in the direction of root cause resolution, instead of chasing symptoms only.
Functional nutrition recognizes that your health history, genetic makeup and lifestyle, is unique. Therefore, you need an individualized plan to achieve your optimal health. A diet can be hugely successful for one individual and a disaster for another, no matter if it’s a vegan diet, low-carb, low-fat, Mediterranean, vegetarian, Paleo... Because of that, functional nutrition acknowledges an enormous selection of food plans and then tailors a dietary approach based on your physiological needs and personal preferences.
The five main principles of a functional nutrition plan include:
- Fill Up on Essential Nutrients
- Avoid Toxic Growing Conditions
- Stick with Quality Foods
- Prioritize Gut Health
- Tend to Your Microbiome
Over 80 percent of your immune system is located in the gut, and without it functioning properly you are at risk for infections, autoimmune diseases, hormone imbalances, among other things.
These are some of the steps to determine what dietary changes are the best for you:
- Review of current diet and lifestyle habits
- Review of previous medical testing and results
- Nutrient test to gauge potential deficiencies.
- Comprehensive evaluation of previous medical history
These are some of the plans that Functional Nutrition offers:
- Core Food Plan: a healthy balance of quality protein, fats, and carbohydrate with a diversity of beneficial and phytonutrient-rich fruits and vegetables to establish a baseline healthy eating plan.
- Elimination Diet: helps to uncover which food or foods may be causing adverse food reactions, whether it is due to true allergy, intolerance, or sensitivity.
- Detox Food Plan: reduces intake of common food triggers, and focuses on long-term nutritional support of the major body systems involved with detoxification, such as the gut, liver, and kidneys
Just to name a few…
If you are looking to improve your health by balancing your food intakes, at the same time that you improve your lifestyle in general, then a Functional Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach is the right choice for you!
We are the health underground. Let’s understand what makes us sick. Let’s understand what makes us well. Grab control of your health! Grab control of your life!
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Acknowledgment of Service
By requesting a coach you are acknowledging that you understand that the coaching services you will be receiving from your coach are not offered as a substitute for professional mental health care or medical care and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any mental health or medical conditions. You also understand that your coach is not acting as a mental health counselor or a medical professional. You also understand that coaching is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment, and you will not use it in place of any form of therapy.
Disclaimer: *Please note that results may vary person to person. Some coaching experiences take longer than others.
In order to receive any coaching or consulting services, you accept the above statement and understand that you and only you are responsible for all of the choices you make. At no time is the coach responsible for your choices. Entering into a coaching agreement is an opportunity to enhance the well-being of your life or business through a partnership of co-creating with your coach. A life may offer expert advice in a particular area that is unique to each coach and their background; this is called “consulting”. Coaches may consult as part of their coaching agreement if requested by the client.
All information (documented or verbal) that the Client shares with the Coach as part of this relationship, is bound to confidentiality by the ICF Code of Ethics, but is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like in Medicine or Law).
You accept that any telephone numbers provided by you may be recorded for security purposes.
• Right to Request Confidential Communication: You have the right to request confidentiality about any issue you are involved with. You have the right to request that we communicate with you about Protected Health Information in a certain way or at a certain location. For example, you can ask that we only contact you at work or by mail. To request confidential communications, you must make your request in writing to the administrator listed above and specify how (email, phone, text or surface mail) or where you wish to be contacted. We will accommodate all reasonable requests.
• Right to Request Restrictions. You have the right to request a restriction or limitation on Protected Health Information we use or disclose about you for treatment, payment or health care operations, or that we disclose to someone who may be involved in your care or payment for your care, like a family member or friend. While we will consider your request, we are not required to agree to it in all circumstances, except in the case of a disclosure restricted to a health plan if the disclosure is for the purpose of carrying out payment or health care operations and is not otherwise required by law; and the Protected Health Information pertains solely to a health care item or service for which you, or the person other than the health plan on your behalf, has paid the covered entity in full. If we do agree to it, we will comply with your request. To request a restriction, you must make your request in writing to the applicable administrator listed above. In your request, you must tell us ( 1 ) what information you want to limit; (2) whether you want to limit our use, disclosure or both; and (3) to whom you want the limits to apply (for example, disclosures to your spouse or parent). We will not agree to restrictions on Protected Health Information uses or disclosures that are legally required, or which are necessary to administer our business.
Intellectual Property Rights
You may download and print forms and extracts of any page(s) from our Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to content posted on our Site. You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors. You must not modify the forms or content from our website, using the name of our company. You must not use any illustrations, photographs, graphics, video clips or audio clips uploaded to our website or linked to it, for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
No Reliance on Information
The content on our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to assert which advice you should rely on. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is completely accurate, complete or up-to-date.